— by Cullen Jewellery
How to find your ring size
Here at Cullen Jewellery, we endeavour to ensure your ring is a perfect fit! Read on to find out how to find your perfect ring size.
Free Ring Sizer
Unsure of your ring size and can’t get to our showroom to be sized? We’re here to help! Our complimentary ring sizer allows you to measure your ring size from the comfort of your own home.Order yours now!
Measure Ring Size Without Your Partner Knowing
Finding your partner’s ring size without spoiling the big surprise can be difficult… but it isn’t impossible! We have lots of experience in this and our friendly team will be more than happy to help you. Some common ways to find a ring size without arousing suspicion are:
- Ask their friends. If they don’t know your partner’s ring size, they could always take your partner shopping for engagement rings “just for fun” and report back to you!
- Borrow one of their rings. Be careful not to choose a ring that your partner will notice is missing and ensure it is a ring that fits on the correct finger. However, if it’s not exactly the finger we need, it will give us a rough idea of your partner’s size.
- Trace one of their rings. Using a pencil and paper, trace a circle on the outside and inner edges of the ring. This will allow us to find out the inner diameter of their ring and give us a rough estimate of their finger size.
- Compare fingers. Though not the most accurate method, it can be helpful to compare one of your own fingers to your partner’s hand. Is your pinky the size of their ring finger? This can help us reach a ballpark estimate and is better than nothing!
- Ask them! If your partner knows you will be proposing soon, it may be worth just asking them. At least they won’t know what their ring will look like or how/when you’ll be proposing!
- Did you know that our dominant hand is usually slightly larger than our other hand? Make sure to measure the right finger on the correct hand!
- Rings with wider bands will fit slightly tighter than thinner bands. If you’re measuring one of your partner’s rings, make sure it is similar in width to the ring you’d like to purchase.
- Fingers expand in heat and shrink in the cold. We recommend measuring your ring size at normal body temperature.
- Fingers tend to change in size throughout the day. We recommend measuring your finger at the end of the day.
- If you have a larger knuckle, we recommend taking two measurements and selecting the size in between. Your ring will need to fit over your knuckle but not be too loose around your finger.
If you are keeping the proposal a total surprise and you don’t know your partner’s ring size, it can be difficult to get the perfect size on the first go. Thankfully, there is no need to worry about it too much! Every single ring purchase at Cullen Jewellery comes with one free resize within the first six months of purchase*. Simply bring your ring into our showroom or mail it in to us and we can have the newly resized ring back to you within a matter of days.
* Exceptions apply